The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House Family Room Assistant
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Family Room Assistant. This is a part-time position working approximately 20 hrs. /week. This position reports directly to the Family Room Manager.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe. Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
About the Family Room Assistant Position
The Family Room Assistant helps manage the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- Greets all patients, families, and visitors that enter the Family Rooms.
- Maintains a friendly and professional demeanor with all guests.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Rooms.
- Takes inventory and stocks the rooms with snacks, coffee, and other supplies.
- Coordinates with House Managers and volunteers to transfer supplies from the House Pantry.
- Accepts meal donations, sets up meals, and cleans up.
- Creates Meal/Activity calendars on a biweekly basis.
- Works with hospital personnel to make sure all donations stay within specific hospital regulations.
- Coordinates hospital Volunteers that help in the Rooms.
- Acts as a liaison to ensure accurate and timely communication between specific hospital and PRMH.
- Follows hospital compliance regulations, including—but not limited to—a current PPD, immunizations, annual flu shot, and background clearances.
- Sunday through Thursday, 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- 20 hours total/week
Send cover letter and resume to HR@philarmh.org or Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, Attn: Human Resources, 3925 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.