Relief House Manager
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Relief House Manager. This is an on call position. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Operations.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe. Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
About the Relief House Manager Position
The Relief Manager manages internal House operations and is the primary staff contact for guests staying at PRMH. The Relief Manager is responsible for maintaining a home-like and supportive environment, assuring that guest services are provided in a manner consistent with the policy and guidelines of PRMH. The Relief Manager covers shifts at the PRMH when the regularly scheduled House Manager is not available. There is coverage on site 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day.
- Maintain and monitor overall House operations
- Provide mission-focused, consistently excellent Guest Services
- Maintain security of building and grounds
- Assure that all functions are carried out within established procedures and guidelines
- Walk thru entire property inspecting all common areas noting any facility/property issues or concerns.
- Maintain weekly room check schedule.
- Manage and communicate specific room issues with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be present and available to families, guests and staff during shift
- Respond to and report all alarms and family crisis appropriately and in a timely manner
- Hand-off reporting with outgoing and incoming Shift Managers
- Manage Wait List with PRMH Social Worker
- Maintain Guest Database in real time for all check-in, check-out donations, purchases, payments
- Orient, train, supervise, support, and thank all PRMH volunteers.
- Greet each shift crew and inform them of any new programs, processes relevant to performing their tasks in a mission-focused manner.
- Assist volunteers whenever shifts become very busy. Be present to their inquiries. Communicate consistently and respectfully.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Director/Coordinator to assure staffing levels, skills, talents, tasks are appropriate.
- Welcome all Guest Chef, Breakfast Buddie, Healthy Breakfast donors and orient to food prep areas and task
- Attend all Operations staff meeting, Administrative Meetings, and Staff meetings
- Collaborate with House Managers from other locations and incorporate best practices as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other shift Managers on development, implementation of processes, guidelines and House rules
- Identify new areas for services to families and make recommendations
- Assure and maintain administration of House rules as agreed upon at check-in with families
Send cover letter and resume to hr(at)philarmh(dot)org or Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, Attn: Human Resources, 3925 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.