In addition to helping the children and families of the House, the program:
- Promotes the value of community service
- Encourages students to read
- Benefits the participating school, with a rebate of 10% of funds raised going back to the school
How the Program Works
Now entering its 23rd year, the Read for the House program offers significant reward with little effort on the part of our partner schools. We would love for your school to get involved with this exciting reading program in 2017.
* Online fundraising options are available for the 2017 Read for the House Program. If you are interested in setting up a fundraising page for your child please visit: www.philarmh.org/read.
- A Volunteer dedicated to your school drops off all related materials (calendars, pledge packets, etc.) to a designated liaison (usually a librarian or reading specialist).
- A special assembly is held featuring Ronald McDonald to get students excited about reading for a good cause.
- On February 1, students at your school will start reading.
- Participating students will seek friends and family as sponsors to pledge any amount of money per minute read during the month.
- Students keep a record of their minutes on their provided calendar.
- Students turn in their pledge packets with all collected money by the end of the first week.
- Your assigned volunteer coordinator collects all packets from the school.
- All student participants receive: a personalized certificate, a McDonald’s coupon for a free meal, and a 76ers prize.
- Each school is provided with a limited number of 76ers game tickets to distribute to students at your discretion.
- The three top readers of your choice, along with staff representatives, are invited to attend the Awards for Excellence Celebration at our House – an evening of food, fun, and special 76ers guests – along with a visit from Ronald McDonald!
- All participating schools receive a personalized plaque as well as 10% of their funds in the form of a rebate check. The school that raises the most funds gets a special student assembly.
To participate in this exciting program, contact Jenny Casey today at 267.969.6217.