Read for Ronald
The 76ers Read for Ronald Program is a service learning project, started by a volunteer, that raises funds to support the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House through partnerships with local middle and elementary schools.
In addition to helping the children and families of the House, the program:
- Promotes the value of community service
- Encourages students to read
- Benefits the participating school, with a rebate of 10% of funds raised going back to the school
How the Program Works
Now entering its 21st year, the 76ers Read for Ronald Program offers significant reward with little effort on the part of our partner schools. We would love for your school to get involved with this exciting reading program in 2015!
* Online fundraising options are available for the 2015 Read for Ronald Program. If you are interested in setting up a fundraising page for your child please visit: http://prmh.kintera.org/Read2015.
- A RFR Volunteer dedicated to your school drops off all related materials (calendars, pledge packets, etc.) to a designated liaison (usually a librarian or reading specialist).
- A special assembly is held featuring Ronald McDonald to get students excited about reading for a good cause!
- On February 1, students at your school will start reading.
- Participating students will seek friends and family as sponsors to pledge any amount of money per minute read during the month.
- Students keep a record of their minutes on their provided calendar.
- Students turn in their pledge packets with all collected money by the end of the first week. Your RFR volunteer collects all packets from the school.
- All student participants receive: a personalized certificate, a McDonald’s coupon for a free meal, and a 76ers prize!
- Each school is provided with a limited number of 76ers game tickets to distribute to students at your discretion.
- The three top readers of your choice, along with staff representatives, are invited to attend the Awards for Excellence Celebration at our House – an evening of food, fun, and special 76ers guests – along with a visit from Ronald McDonald!
- All participating schools receive a personalized plaque as well as 10% of their funds in the form of a rebate check. The school that raises the most funds gets a special student assembly!
To start Reading for Ronald, contact Jenny Casey today at 215.387.8406.
A special thank you goes out to our 2014 Read For Ronald Schools for raising over $85,000 for the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- Abigail Vare Elementary School
- The Baldwin School
- Belmont Hills Elementary School
- Cole Manor Elementary School
- Collegium Charter School
- Cornwells Elementary School
- Cramer College Preparatory Lab School
- Erdenheim Elementary School
- Florence V Evans School
- Francis Hopkinson Elementary School
- Friends' Central Lower School
- Girard College
- Hardy Williams Academy Mastery Charter School
- Henry C. Lea School
- Ithan Elementary School
- McKinley Elementary School
- Nellie F. Bennett Elementary
- Ocean Road Elementary School
- P.S. 16 The Leonard Dunkly School
- Penn Wynne Elementary School
- Perelman Jewish Day School
- Radnor Elementary School
- Rose Tree Elementary School
- Samuel K. Faust Elementary School
- Shipley Lower School
- Springside Lower School
- Springside Middle School
- St. Francis of Assisi School
- St. Peter's School
- The Wyndcroft School
- Upper Merion Area Middle School
- Valley Forge Elementary
- Wayne Elementary School
- Whitemarsh Elementary School
- William Loesche Elementary School
- Wrightstown Elementary School
- The Wyndcroft School