MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Start Date: Anytime
Position Type: Part-Time (10 – 20 hrs./week)
This position is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining hands-on experience working on promotional and marketing materials for a nonprofit organization. The position involves working with the marketing, event, and development teams and assisting in the design of a variety of materials such as: banners, postcards, newsletters and other print and online communication materials. The hire will gain experience in messaging, branding, and understanding the organization in order to communicate different messages through design. The hire will also gain experience in the workings of a local nonprofit organization with a global reach.
Secondarily, the position will include documenting events (selecting and taking photos), and supporting with the updating of various communications platforms (social media, website, etc.) to reflect current and past programming and events. The hire will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to update social media accounts and the official website and design various print materials programs while supporting daily operations. Other tasks will include in assisting during special events and other programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design clear and engaging graphic communications for print and the web. This will include logos, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed;
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials;
- Adhere to branding guidelines while exercising creativity to apply them to various platforms;
Photography at events.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop;
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Flickr);
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a team;
- Must be able to define and work on tight deadlines.
Interested individuals should submit a resume to Emma McMillen, Marketing & Communications Coordinator. No phone calls, please.