Conveniently located near several pediatric hospitals, including The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, our Chestnut Street location provides a temporary residence to families with the comforts of home while also offering the support of staff and volunteers.
Housed in an historic building that was expanded in 1995 to serve a total of 45 families each night, the Chestnut Street House gives families the opportunity to relate to other families receiving treatment for their children.
Chestnut Street also offers the following amenities to all who stay at the House:
- 45 private, comfortable guest bedrooms
- Large kitchen and dining area
- Fully stocked pantry
- Delicious dinners cooked every night and served at 6pm by our volunteer Guest Chef groups
- Breakfast cooked and served on the weekends by our volunteer Guest Chef groups
- Complimentary coffee, tea, milk, and juice – available 24 hours a day
- Living room and lounges
- Laundry facilities
- Children's play areas
- Teen Center with jukebox, arcade games, pool table, and video games
- Wireless Internet access and computer areas
- Exercise room
- Peaceful outdoor serenity garden
- Van shuttle service to and from hospitals
- Social Worker available Monday through Friday
The Willis Family Story
Sara Willis, 14, was enjoying another chorus class at school when she was struck with unexplainable dizziness, blurred vision, and a headache....