Chestnut Street House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House at Chestnut Street offers a home-like environment in the heart of University City.
Conveniently located near several pediatric hospitals, including The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, our Chestnut Street location provides families with the comforts of home while also offering the support of the PRMH staff and volunteers.
Housed in an historic building that was expanded in 1995 to serve a total of 45 families each night, the Chestnut Street House gives families the opportunity to relate to other families receiving treatment for their children.
Chestnut Street also offers the following amenities to all who stay at the House:
- 45 private, comfortable guest bedrooms
- Large kitchen and dining area
- Fully stocked pantry
- Delicious dinners cooked every night and served at 6pm by volunteers
- Breakfast cooked and served on the weekends
- Complimentary coffee, tea, milk, and juice – available 24 hours a day
- Living room and lounges
- Laundry facilities
- Children's play areas
- Teen Center with jukebox, arcade games, pool table, and video games
- Wireless internet access and computer areas
- Exercise room
- Peaceful outdoor serenity garden
- Van shuttle service to and from hospitals
- Social Worker available Monday through Friday
The Heart of the House is our Volunteer program. The volunteers serve in many ways, helping to make the House a comfortable and supportive place for our families. The caring volunteers of the PRMH make this House a home.
Become a volunteer