Front & Erie House
Opened in 2008, The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House at Front & Erie offers a home-like environment for 20 families a night.
Conveniently located next to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, our Front & Erie location provides a temporary residence to families with the comforts of home while also offering the support of the PRMH staff and volunteers.
The House gives families the opportunity to relate to other guests from throughout the United States and the world that are seeking and receiving medical treatment for their children.
Front & Erie also offers the following amenities to all who stay at the House:
- 20 private, comfortable guest bedrooms - 13 with private standard bathrooms and 7 with wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Large kitchen and dining area
- Full stocked pantry
- Delicious dinners cooked every night and served at 6 pm by volunteers
- Breakfast cooked and served on the weekends
- Complimentary coffee and tea – available 24 hours a day
- Laundry facilities
- Living Room with television
- Children's play areas
- Wireless internet access and computer areas
- Exercise Room
- State of the art home theater room
- Video game center
- Recreation room with jukebox, pool table, foosball, and television
- Wheelchair accessible van service to Shriners Hospital (van service is based on driver availability.)
- Social Worker available Monday through Friday
The Heart of the House is our Volunteer program. The volunteers serve in many ways, helping to make the House a comfortable and supportive place for our families. The caring volunteers of the PRMH make this House a home.
Become a volunteer