Conveniently located next to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, our Front & Erie location provides a temporary residence to families with the comforts of home while also offering the support of staff and volunteers.
The House gives families the opportunity to relate to other families receiving treatment for their children.
Front & Erie also offers the following amenities to all who stay at the House:
- 20 private, comfortable guest bedrooms - 13 with private standard bathrooms and 7 with wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Large kitchen and dining area
- Full stocked pantry
- Delicious dinners cooked every night and served at 6 pm by our volunteer Guest Chef groups
- Breakfast cooked and served on the weekends by our voluntneer Guest Chef groups
- Complimentary coffee and tea – available 24 hours a day
- Laundry facilities
- Living Room with television
- Children's play areas
- Wireless internet access and computer areas
- Exercise Room
- State of the art home theater room
- Video game center
- Recreation room with jukebox, pool table, foosball, and television
- Wheelchair accessible van service to Shriners Hospital (van service is based on driver availability)
- Social Worker available Monday through Friday
The Otto Sunderman Family's Story
When the Otto Sunderman family checked into the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House at Front & Erie in January, the brought with them a very special guest: an eight-month-old puppy named Rhythm....