Resident Maintenance Technician
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Resident Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will reside at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House located at 3925 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia in a single dwelling efficiency apartment.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
About the Resident Maintenance Technician
The Resident Maintenance Technician performs a wide variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and repair tasks while maintaining the multi-resident location. Based on the successful candidates skill set required duties may include but not limited to the following: basic plumbing and electrical work, painting, basic carpentry, drywall repair, and filter replacement. The Resident Maintenance Technician is expected to be on property and on call overnight for any maintenance related or any house emergency, this includes last minute off hour staffing needs.
The Resident Maintenance Technician is part of the maintenance staff and will work closely with the House Manager on duty. He/She will report directly to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain House to ensure the rooms are safe and in adequate condition.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on plumbing and electrical systems and appliances.
- Repair and paint drywall and other interior/exterior surfaces. Task may involve use of ladders.
- Repair and replace suspended ceiling tiles.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies. Task includes assisting with deliveries and donations
- Perform routine maintenance jobs and repairs associated with a multi-resident building.
- Maintain landscaping and grounds.
- Build required items including specialty furniture.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Keep a daily log of tasks.
- Follow a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Operate a computer and required programs which include the Facility Dude Work Order program.
- Complete and follow work orders.
- Take and maintain inventories.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Working environment can be indoors and/or outdoors, including in inclement weather.
- This position requires bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing and walking.
- This position requires frequent lifting/carrying of objects up to 25 lbs. and less frequently up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Passion for PRMH mission to serve families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated team player.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Basic all around maintenance skills.
- Basic understanding of maintaining a multi-resident building.
- Minimum of 3 years of basic building maintenance.
- Must successfully pass an intensive background check.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Preferred 3 years of past resident living experience or similar hospitality experience.
- Preferred Licensed/certificate in trades.
Actual salary will be determined based on experience and certification/licenses of the successful candidate. In general the successful candidates first 20- 30 hrs of scheduled/non-scheduled work will be in exchange for living at the house. This will include rent and all utilities. At times there will be additional duties available that will be paid at an hourly rate. Extra duties will be based on successful candidates skill set.
Send cover letter and resume to HR@philarmh.org (subject Resident Maint. Tech.) or Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, Attn: Human Resources, 3925 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.