How much does it cost to stay at the House?
We request a nominal guest donation of $15 per night per room. Families experiencing financial difficulties can contact one of the Social Workers to make alternate arrangements.
Who can stay at our House?
- Live more than 25 miles (based on Rand McNally - shortest distance) from the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- Have a child receiving inpatient or active outpatient treatment at a local Philadelphia hospital.
- Have a child 21 years of age or younger.
Please note: Siblings and other family members may also stay in the room with the adult parents or legal guardians. The adult parents or legal guardian must be the primary occupant.
Please also note: International families and families faced with long-term treatment plans may involve special considerations. Please contact us to discuss your individual situation further.
How many people can stay in the room?
Each family is allowed one room only. The number of people that can stay in the room depends on the size of the room available. Our rooms vary in size and sleep three to five people.
What is an adult parent? How old do I have to be to stay at the House?
Any one 22 years of age or older is considered an adult and will not be turned away based on their age. Parents between the age of 18 and 21 may stay without an adult on a case by case basis, but we encourage them to bring an adult support person. Parents under 18 years of age must have an adult support person with them at all times.
Can I arrive before treatment begins or stay later?
Our families can check in up to 24 hours in advance of their child's scheduled appointments, treatment, or surgery. We cannot take arrivals more than 24 hours in advance. Once a child is discharged, families must check out within 24 hours.
How do hospital staff or families request a room?
- Call us at 267.969.6220 (Chestnut Street) between 9am and 4pm or 215.291.0907 (Front & Erie) between 9am and 8pm. The House is open 365 days a year.
- The family will be placed on a room request list (please note that we do not guarantee rooms in advance).
- Once on the list, on the day of your requested arrival, we will call you between 10am and 1pm to inform you of the status of your room request.
- If we do have an available room, families must check in before 8pm.
Which House should I be contacting?
Our Chestnut St. House is within close proximity to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Wills Eye Institute. In addition, families with children being treated at Jefferson Hospital, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Hospital are also welcome to stay at the Chestnut St. House. Our House at Front St. and Erie Ave. is within close proximity to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children and Shriners Hospital for Children.
Request A Room