Development Services Associate
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Development Services Associate. This is a part-time position with the possibility of transitioning to full-time.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
Each year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region provides 10 percent of our overall operating budget; the remaining 90% is raised through individual, corporate, and foundation support. To learn more, visit www.philarmh.org.
About the Development Services Associate Position
The Development Services Associate is a critical part of the PRMH Development team. He or she will work closely with the Database Manager and gift processing staff to ensure the highest possible degree of data integrity and that gift processing and acknowledgment is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth flow and processing of donor information supporting Marketing, Programs and Development functions.
- Input incoming donations & donor info into database, run batch revenue reports, process acknowledgment mailings and perform certain administrative duties.
- Process donation batches as needed by performing the following:
- Create new donor records in database for first-time donors or contacts.
- Enter daily donations to the appropriate member accounts in database; this includes cash, checks, credit card and online donations and in-kind donations
- Download and commit online donations
- Maintain database records while posting by updating any new donor information
- Create necessary memorial & honorarium record links and create records for family or friends for acknowledgment purposes by preparing tribute reports
- Complete matching gift forms while posting, create appropriate record links
- Run batch reports from database system to balance with accounting
- Create and print acknowledgment letters & envelopes in separate batches
- Create and print guest donation letters & envelopes in separate batches
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in data processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer database (Raiser’s Edge) and Microsoft office programs proficiency are required.
- Detail orientation and accuracy are critical
- Experience in a professional office environment and strong customer service and community relations skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to accept direction and to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of highly privileged information required
- Dependable, flexible, and highly sensitive to and supportive of the mission of Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- Associates Degree prefer Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.