Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Who We Are
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC/PR) — the world’s first Ronald McDonald House – supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses in West and North Philadelphia, three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at local hospitals, Ronald McDonald Camp and a Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, operated in partnership with St. Christopher’s Foundation for Children.
About the Position
The Facilities and Maintenance Manager is a hands-on manager responsible for the general and preventative maintenance, repair and housekeeping of the physical property of RRMHC/PR located at Chestnut Street in University City and Front Street & Erie Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Responsibilities include oversight and participation as needed in property construction, renovation, equipment maintenance/repair and carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, HVAC and landscaping activities.
Essential to success in this role is the ability to lead and manage on both a daily task and project basis, paid staff, contractors and volunteers for the properties which include 147 guest rooms and common areas, ensuring guest service, safety and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout.
This position directly impacts the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of our physical property and equipment, while directing, developing and training maintenance staff and volunteers.
• Develop, manage and continually improve an ongoing preventative maintenance program for all equipment, buildings and grounds, including the training of maintenance team members on preventative maintenance tasks and processes
• Create a maintenance schedule to troubleshoot all facility issues, manage remediation and protect against future issues
• Develop, implement and manage property reserve and capital improvement budgets for the facility
• Direct, develop and train maintenance staff
• Manage the Housekeeping team by providing training, monitoring performance and driving improvements to processes
• Request, review, present and make recommendations on contractor bids for construction and renovation related projects
• Train, utilize and manage groups of maintenance volunteers on special projects and ongoing maintenance
• Develop and implement procedures to organize and secure tools, supplies and equipment
• Monitor the efficiency of equipment and systems to ensure proper operation
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of an ongoing energy conservation program
• Monitor the level and quality of services performed by outside contractors in accordance with all lease agreements, service contracts and warranties
• Perform regularly scheduled inspections in order to direct and complete the work as outlined in the preventative maintenance program of all equipment
• Perform regularly scheduled safety inspections, including but not limited to, fire safety devices of the Houses to maintain compliance with all city codes
• Interface with departments to ensure House needs are met and activities are coordinated
• Ensure projects are completed on time according to specifications; establish or adjust work procedures to meet schedules
• Respond to emergency situations in a timely manner
• Cover shifts as needed and perform general maintenance, repair or installation as warranted
• Serve as the emergency contact for off-shift and weekend maintenance issues
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, or Technical/Trade Certification
• A minimum of 4 years building maintenance experience required, with hotel or multi-family residential environment preferred
• Working knowledge of all building systems and maintenance functions, including but not limited to, building protection, HVAC, Mechanical/Electrical, carpentry, plumbing and basic construction is required
• Previous project/engineering management experience is preferred
• Proven experience managing a maintenance team in a hotel or multi-family residential environment
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Advanced knowledge of facility management programs
• Strong contract administration skills, specifically negotiating/managing maintenance contracts Ability to recognize, assess and respond to emergencies in a timely manner
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to mentor staff/volunteers
• Strong decision making, organizing, planning, controlling, and management skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays
• Must have the ability to complete reports, keep logs, and correspondence
• Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with vendors, contractors, staff and volunteers
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret electrical, plumbing and other building diagrams
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and facilities software – Outlook, Excel, Word, Procore or related program
• Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality demands
• Ability to deal with internal and external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy
Physical Demands of Position
• Ability to frequently stand and walk
• Ability to position oneself to sit, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, crawl in tight spaces as necessary
• Ability to carry, push and pull items weighing up to and including 50 lbs.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to: Sharon Brown, Director of People & Culture at email@example.com.