Part-Time Volunteer Assistant
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Part Time Volunteer Assistant.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
About the Volunteer Assistant
The Volunteer Assistant will provide support through interaction with volunteers and staff of the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House. Assists the Volunteer Department with updating volunteer database information, maintaining statistics, and other administrative duties.
The Volunteer Assistant is a part time position, 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday. This position reports directly to the Director of Volunteers and is located at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, 100 E. Erie Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19134.
- Maintain Outlook calendars and Volgistics database.
- Confirm Guest Chef and other community service groups.
- Update and convey volunteer information to appropriate staff/departments.
- Assist with Family Room projects.
- Handle special projects as delegated by Volunteer Department Managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good judgement
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer service
- Analytical skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher).
Submit Cover Letter and Resume’ through Corps Team https://www.corpsteam.com.