Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Weekdays vary, availability on nights, weekends and holidays is required
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Bilingual Social Worker for our Front Street & Erie Avenue House near St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. This House also serves families receiving care at Shriner’s Hospital and serves a predominantly Spanish-speaking population. Candidate must be fluent in English/ Spanish.
The primary function of the Social Worker is to provide supportive services to families staying at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House. The Social Worker will work collaboratively with all hospital staff to best support families during their stay and connect families to organizations that provide financial assistance and other needed services.
- Provide support to families staying at the House by:
- Listening to families and offer ongoing support as needed
- Providing a supportive and culturally competent environment to the diverse families, children, staff and volunteers at PRMH
- Connecting families to needed resources
- Communicating with hospital social workers on an ongoing basis to take referrals and get medical updates
- Ensuring that families are abiding by House rules and policies to ensure the safety of everyone in the House
- Facilitating the weekly parent support group
- Participating in weekly operations meetings
- Processing room requests from families
- Completing the check-in process for new families and/or non-English speaking families
- Ensuring that families are comfortable with the House, staff and interpreter services
- Assisting families with participating in fun events for patients and siblings
- Complete all documentation accurately and timely
- MSW/LSW required
- 2 -5 years of experience, preferably in a medical setting or developmental needs
- Bilingual ability – English/Spanish required
- Demonstrated competence in providing social work services, including parent support groups
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively and desire to work with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand medical terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word
Salary is competitive with other nonprofits and commensurate with experience. We also offer a generous benefits package.
Interested individuals should submit a resume to Sharon Brown, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.