Family Services Intern
Department: Social Work
Reports to: Social Work Supervisor
Schedule: 20 Hours per Week
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Camp, as well as two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and a Hospitality Kiosk at local hospitals. Founded in 1974 as the first Ronald McDonald House in the world, we are the model for more than 359 Houses around the globe.
The Family Services intern position is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining hands-on experience in social service work, hospitality management, or non-profit administration. This individual assists the Family Services Department in management of the intake process of families (phone and web), hotel partnership program, and data collection from the families we serve. The intern will deliver outstanding customer service to the families, visitors, volunteers, donors, and social workers, by providing a positive and professional presence both in the House and over the phone. The Family Services intern is expected to commit 20 hours per week for the duration of their position (this is subject to flexibility and change depending on the needs of the organization).
• Proactively identifies ways to increase the level of customer service we provide to families
• Works with Family Services Team and Social Workers to determine room assignments
• Assists Family Services Team in completing requests to stay at the Ronald McDonald House by gathering necessary information from both families and hospital social workers
• Facilitates online communication with families through our online request and e-mail confirmation process
• Completes check-in process with families who are confirmed a room
• Assists families by providing information, answering questions and addressing hospitality needs
• Tracks availability of hotel partnership program and assists families with hotel process.
• Assists with Family Services administrative support; answers phones, stocks forms, manages Family Services Department logs, and other duties as assigned
• May assist Social Work Department in administering programs and services to in-House families.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner
• Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to assist clients under stressful and/emotional circumstances
• Excellent communication skills, including strong telephone skills
• Ability to maintain appropriate client boundaries
• Comfortable working with diverse clients and children
• Willingness to work collectively on group projects, workshops, and other assignments
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented